Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My article

Am I posting my article in the right place on the Blog? I see Amy posted something here. As my project is to do a blog, yikes...will I be learning how to do that as the class progresses or do I need to set it up now and figure it out on my own? I know I go to blogspot.com to set it up but other than that I don't know anything.

Here is the link to my blog: http://blog.prnewswire.com/2011/08/04/the-controversy-around-the-changing-face-of-blogging/http://blog.prnewswire.com/2011/08/04/the-controversy-around-the-changing-face-of-blogging/

The article is short and gives a great visual for what blogging is used for. It can be professional or just a hobby that only family reads or it can be read by no one like a journal.

I am wondering how one makes money on the blog? Is it by getting lots of viewers and then attracting advertizes? Or just by mentioning products? I have heard that my friend who has 10,000 followers makes money. Is it by partnering videos that give information (how to's? like how to do a make over?)

4 comments:

  1. You raise some interesting points, Jennifer. Congratulations.. you just wrote your first blog post!

    People often make money from blogs by signing up for advertising services like Google AdSense. In exchange for placing some ads on your site, you get small payments for each time they are clicked. It's really similar to the broadcast TV model: you provide content people want to look at, and you use the readership you have as a basis for advertisement revenue.

    There are other ways too of course. Some people use the springboard of the blog to launch an online brand that depicts the author as an expert in a specific field, and then this expertise is packaged into discrete salable products like special videos, eBooks, and so forth that bring in revenue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, would like to congratulate you on your first blog post, Jennifer.

    Of the two examples given by Alex, I have found though my work in online marketing and PR that the latter example generates much more income than the former one.

    It also requires one to be strategic in how they use their blog, what they say, how much they say and then tying it to an offer of some sort--all while not sounding salesy.

    Building up your following is important, and one way to do that is to comment on other,similar blogs and invite them to check you out too. (You don't have to invite them directly because if they like what you have to say, they will check you out.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jennifer. Great blog and I real appreciate the link you posted. Very Helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was my comment Jennifer. Forgot to add my name. Oops!

    ReplyDelete